Can consumption of 10 ibuprofen a day for toothache, be harmful?

I'm 38, weigh 70 kg, and have been having quite severe toothache. I'm working on fixing that (i.e. dentist), but due to severe fear haven't been able to get myself to go yet.
I've been treating this toothache with a combination of paracetamol 500mg (sometimes with coffeine 50mg) and ibuprofen 400. I've been taking ~10 tablets of the latter a day, one or two a time, with 1-2 hours interval. There are no side effects.
1: Is this considered harmful?
2: are there better options (painkillers) that are not prescription that i can take to deal with this?
Asked On : Sat, 15 Mar 2014