Can chlamydial infection be without symptoms for over a year ?

I m a 23yo healthy female with no history of any std. I m 5 7 & about 140lbs. My boyfriend recently got tested for chlamydia . It came back non-conclusive, but he does have a NGU. Over a year ago he cheated on me. Is it possible that this std can be in the body for over a year with no symptoms? I had no symptoms and had a pap smear about 6 months ago & it was clean. After he informed me I began to feel itchy & a slight abdominal pain with a discharge. Do u think I m making the symptoms?
Asked On : Wed, 4 May 2011