Can chewing tobacco cause any metabolites to be released through skin pores? Scratch test shows a child allergic to tobacco

Can chewing tobacco cause any metabolites to be released through skin pores, etc. that might cause a four year old child to exhibit an allergic reaction? I have a grandson who has been to an allergist that conducted an extensive scratch test that only showed he was allergic to tobacco. He does exhibit allergic reaction symptoms at times, and his step-father uses chewing tobacco.
Asked On : Sat, 7 Apr 2012