Can changing to a vegetarian cause stomach pain and increases visits to the toilet ?

Hi I have been having a little bit of pain in my stomach and I m goingto the toilet more and it s a bit runny as well, I have had it since January. Could this be caused by becoming a vegetarian or something else
Asked On : Mon, 14 Feb 2011
Hi Welcome to,
It is basically gut problem. You have to know the cause of stomach pain They could be GERD, Stomach ulcer. You need to work out for diarrhoea also: They could be small bowel bacterial growth, food intolerance, inflammatory bowel diseases.

You need to get these tests done first to know the cause:
Upper GI series
stool for ova, cyst, parasite
stool for WBC,
stool for culture,
Barium enema

After all these tests consult Gastroenterologist.

Regards Dr. Jagdish