Can cervical AP stenosis improve without surgery? Experiencing severe pain, numbness in hands

Can a cervical AP stenosi s of 7.2mm go to 8.2mm in one year without surgery? I am with a pain clinic and haven t had surgery nor am I under the care of an orthopedic doctor . A year ago my MRI read severe cervical stenosis AP 7.2 a month ago I asked for another MRI because I am experiencing numbness in hands and worsening pain and the new MRI says my stenosis improved over one mm. at c5-6 and at c4-5 where I had a herniated disc it says that it has been possibly surgically resected. And I have not had surgery.
Asked On : Tue, 8 Jan 2013