Can benicar be the cause of male infertility ?

can benicar cause male infertility
Asked On : Thu, 29 Sep 2011
Hello, welcome to Healthcaremagic. Benicar is a angiotensin II receptor antagonist used for treatment of hypertention. It is known to cause renal disorders but there is no data showing its side effect on male fertility. So it can be considered safe for male sexual health. Wish you good health.
OBGYN Dr. Rakhi Tayal's  Response
Benicar is an anti hypertensive and it does not affect the fertility of males in any way . It might cause sexual dysfunction to some extent and cause a decreased libido with erectile dysfunction but it does not have any effect on the sperm concentration or their quality at all.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal