Can any online doctor tell me about my mother's kidney condition and am i going in the correct way of treatment ?

Hello - My Mom 76 years old has been suffering with phylonephritis for a while and her creatine levels have been fluctuating from 3.1 to 3.4. She is 5 2 and because of the water retention now weighs 198 (regular weight is about 175). She is diabetic (insulin dependent 12 units NPH in the evening and 22 units in the AM), has high blood pressure and stage 5 kidney disease. Her last visit to the nephrologist revealed that her creatine level went up to 3.9 (the highest it has ever been). To keep her from dialysis , the doctor gave her Metolazone 2.5 mg to expel the excess water from her body. This medication which she just started to take yesterday is to be taken 1/2 hour before her regular diaretics Furosemide which he increased from 20 to 80 becasue of her recent retention of fluids. Will this new medication help to keep her off dialysis if her creatine levels should go down (at least for a while). When would she need to definately go on dialysis (what would her creatine levels be?) What can I do to keep her off dialysis? Your assistance/guidance is much appreciated. If I am a match for her, I would like to give her one of my kidneys should dialysis be necessary. Thank you for your advice in advance
Asked On : Fri, 8 Jul 2011