Can any online doctor please suggest tonic to increase appetite in a 18 month old underweight

my baby is18 months old.she weighs 9.5 kgs and 75 cms.she is a very picky eater.It would be grateful if any doctors can suggest me a tonic to increase her appetite.Thank you,Aswini
Asked On : Sun, 6 Mar 2011
thanks for choosing health care magic.See as per the standard weight formula her weight should be around 10 kg at one year and at this age about 12 kgs.So she is nor grossly under weight.Some training is required for your child.Do make any special provision for her while eating.Make her seat with you and other family members when they are eating.this makes some impact.Feed her high calorie food.Like adding drops of ghee to dal and rice,which without increasing quantity increase calorie value.Give her sing-daliya,more of vegetable juices and fruit juices.Feed her minimum 4-5 times in a day.Avoid giving more of biscuits and bread etc.which makes her feel full at least couple of hours before meals.