Can any online doctor advise me on the pelvic ultrasonography report ?

I am 53 yer Healthy and strong woman. No health problem- pain etc. No medicine intake. First time, I do not have mentstrual period since last 4 months. So I consulted doctor and did sonography at her advise . Following is the report: Pelvic ultrasonography reveals normal sized anterverted uterus ( AP 43 mm) with empty endometrial cavity. Myometrium is normal. Endometrium is thickend and irregular. Both ovaries are well emeged and normal in size, shape and position. No free fluid seen in cul-de-sac. No evidence of adnexal mass seen. Color doppler study of endometrium reveals no additional information. Conclusion : Thickened irregular endometrium. Adv. : To rule out endometrial malignancy. Doctor has further advised biopsy. Please say what does it mean and what can be the magnitude of issue? Harsha
Asked On : Fri, 6 Apr 2012