Can any online doctor advice me about hyperthyroidism and the diet that should be followed ?

Hello Doctor, I am 33 years old. I realized that I have lost 15 kgs in the past 10 months. I took a master health checkup. Details are as follows: Age: 33 yrs Weight: 63.7 kgs TSH: 0.005 IU/ml Serum Free T4: 3.8 ng/dl Today, I underwent nuclear scan ( iodine uptake) and the result is as follows: I-131 thyroid study carried out 24 hrs post ingestion shows increased uptake of tracer by both the lobes of thyroid gland . Both the lobes are enlarged. The distribution of tracer is uniform. No cold or hot area noted. No evidence of functioning retrosternal thyroid tissue. 24 hrs uptake = 56% *Diffuse enlargement of thyroid gland with increased function. Today onwards I have started taking the following medicines. Neomercazole 5mg 1 - 1 Inderal 20 mg 1 - 1 Redotil 100mg 1 1 1 (I had diarrhoea till yesterday) cap Wellman 1 - - History: I suffered from anal fistula which was completely cured with homoeopathic treatment. I am suffering from hair loss since 20 yrs of age I had malaria when I was 14 yrs My father s mother was diabetic. Pl help me know about hyperhyroidism and the diet I should follow. Is this medication enough?
Asked On : Sat, 11 Jun 2011