Can anti-inflammatory medication, alongside with a prophylactic dose of antibiotics be taken for cellulitis and is it curable as my ankle got twisted ?

I went to my Doctor the other day after twisting my ankle and tearing some ligaments, there was a swelling on my ankle bone so he prescribed Meloxicam 15mg 30 tablets for the swelling. But, I have noticed another positive side effect to a different problem. I had a cystic hygroma removed at the age of 2 leading to the removal of my under-arm lymph gland and over the years have had several infections (cuts etc) and bouts of cellulitis which left a build up of fluid in my left hand swelling and a redness which comes and goes(it s looks like a chubby baby s hand) due to poor drainage-and gravity. I function normally and have no problems with it but the build up of lymphatic fluid in my left hand which has been a chronic problem for several years. . My question is this, should I now be looking to take anti-inflammatory medication, alongside with a prophylactic dose of antibiotics (which has been prescribed) and if so for how long? what s the danger and could this really be a cure for cellulitis?
Asked On : Sat, 7 May 2011