Can an online doctor let us know whether we should go for bypass surgery after second unsuccessful placement of stent for D1 LAD blockage ?

My father feit pain in heart . After angiography the report said that he has d1 LAD totally occluded. During angiography doctor tried to place the stent in the blockage but it was not successful. Doctor said that he will try it again after one month to place the stent..he said if again he is not successeded then he will not go for bypass because it is not a serious issue of d1 LAD bolckage...what is your opinion about d1 LAD total occlusion. My father has no other issue of heart excpt D1 LAD blockage.
Asked On : Mon, 2 Apr 2012