Can an adult ADHD patient having side effects with Adderal go for Vyvanse or should try for which other combination ?

I have been dia with ADHD , One year ago. I am 56. From a family of depression/ anxiety . In and out of hospitals for depression and to chg meds. The ADHD med I am taking are 40mg of Adderal 8AM and 20mg of Adderal at 1:00pm. I ve tried the Adderal longlasting ones, but they seem to make me feel really edgy. I have tried numerous meds, ritlan, (vyvanse) it worked. Since I was dia my psychiatrist has me changing and tweeking the meds a bit. The question is can I take Vyvanse with Adderal. Or is there another combination I should try.
Asked On : Mon, 30 May 2011