Can an HIV positive person keep overcoming numerous health problems? Not taking HIV medication

Hello I have a sibling that told us he was hiv positive 26 years ago he has drained every penny out of my mother. now he claims to have melanoma is going through radiation however will not allow any of us to visit him or go with him for treatment or doctors visits. He informed my mom today he will be starting chemo . He gets depressed until one of us gives him 5 or 6 hundred dollars at a time then he is fine until a few weeks when he needs money. Everyone is getting suspicious of him is there anyway to be sure he is telling the truth. Over the years he has claimed to have so many serious illnesses then a few weeks later never mentions them again. Can a person hiv positive keep overcoming numerous health problems? He takes no hiv medicaitons. No one wants to confront him so we just keep passing out the money. He has stolen checks from me and my sister in the pass and done other crooked things I just want the truth.
Asked On : Tue, 27 Mar 2012