Can acute renal failure after C- section be because of medical negligence ?

I want to know about a PG lady who was operated( C.Section ) due to foetal distress went in to sudden renal failure on 3rd post operative day ,Her hb was 9 gm when operated , docter said she had sub clinical hepatitis at the time of operation which was not diagnosed at operation time .she had obstructed labour so emergency operation was done.the foley cather was removed on 2nd day and her urine out put was more than 2000 ml in first and 2nd post op day . when cather was removed her output dropped to less than 200 ml .They reinserted the cather and send some new lab tests which were as follows LFTS billirubin 2.3---alt-sgot--alkaline phosphate were all above 300 and her albumin was 2.8 and urea 110 and creatinine was 6 ,when these reports arrived they shifted the patient to a bigger hospital . she is under going dialisis now .her baby also devolped jaundice and baby was also kept in nursery for one week . i want to know what happened to her , is there any chance that this all happened due to neglegency of doctors ? please tell me .Thanks
Asked On : Sat, 23 Jul 2011