Can acne occur while being anorexic ?

I d like to know if acne will go away while being anorexic or will it show up
Asked On : Sat, 5 Mar 2011
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
Anorexia will lower the immunity of the body and in turn all infectious diseases get a chance to spread more.
Welcome to healthcare magic forum
Acne worsens if one is anorexic. Infact menstrual cycle is also disrupted, anorexic females often have amenorrhoea (absense of menses). Not only this,skin become dry, wrinkled ,+ there is hair loss.
Dermatologist Dr. Gaurang Krishna's  Response
there is no definite direct relation between acne and diet. but yes as pointed out by dr rathore, anorexia leads to many other serious problems. so lease avoid being anorexic.
all the best
Hi, Welcome to Healthcaremagic!
As pointed by Dr Gaurang, diet & acne are believed NOT to have a relation, BUT this view is being seriously questioned by recent studies; still relation between anorexia & acne is not clear cut. You may develop other problems by becoming anorexic, so if you are having acne, this may not be a treatment option. Please consult a dermatologist for your skin problems.
Good luck.