Can abnormal period indicate pregnancy ?

I HAD SEX ON THE 5TH OF THIS MONTH A GEW DAYS BEFORE MY PERIOD AND MY BOYFRIEND EJACULATED IN ME COULD I BE PREGNANT I HAD SEX WITH MY BOYFRIEND ON THE 5TH OF MAY ABOUT 5 OR 6 DAYS BEFORE MY PERIOD AND HE CAME INSIDE OF ME PLUS IM NOT ON ANY BIRTHCONTROL. I STARTED SPOTTING IMMEDIATELY THE NEXT DAY AND IT WAS VERY WATERY TYPE OF PERIOD WITH LIGHT PINKISH COLOR IT LASTED FOR A FEW DAYS AND THEN IT SEEMED TO GO BACK TO A NORMAL BLEEDING BUT IT LASTED ONLY 2 DAYS,SO I AM WONDERING IF I HAD AN IMPLANTATION BLEEDING AND COULD POSSIBLY BE PREGNANT? I WENT TO THE DOCTORS ON THE 19TH OF THIS MONTH AND THEY TOOK A URINE TEST BUT IT DID COME OUT NEGATIVE BUT I AM CONFUSED CUZ MY PERIOD WAS NOT NORMAL THIS MONTH.
Asked On : Mon, 23 May 2011
well from experience...you usually ovulate 14 days from the start day of your period. Sounds to me like you wern't ovulating, if it was right before your period. Im not saying you can't be but think about your period is it always on time? If it is always in a regular pattern you probably dont have anything to worry about. also if you had sex on the 5 that means you should know around now if you are pregnant. Hope this helps.
General & Family Physician Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware's  Response
Hello;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
The ovulation takes place on 14 th day from start of 1st day of menses so the fertile period is from 13-21st day of every menses and you did intercourse 5-6 days before menses that is probably safer part of cycle and you got bleeding for 2 days after spotting for few days that goes to say that you are not pregnant and even a pregnancy test came negative so it is ruled out that you are pregnant.Now as for the less bleeding in periods it depends on hormones so please see if you have normal next period then fine or else get examined and treated by a Gynaec if your period does not seem to be normal.And next time please use protection.
Thanks