Can a woman be pregnant without having proper sexual intercourse? Can sperm near labia cause impregnation?

I've been trying to find out if a woman can get pregnant without having proper sexual intercourse, so I've been reading about hypothetical scenarios that could have that result. According to one, if a man masturbates, then washes his hands and immediately stimulates his partner with his fingers it's possible to impregnate her. Another states that sperm near the labia could also lead to impregnation compined with vaginal fluids. However, it's unclear to me whether such possibilities are really substantial.
So what I'm actually asking is how safe/unsafe such cases are in terms of sex and ejaculation.
Asked On : Thu, 10 Oct 2013