Can a switch over in birth control pills cause variation in flow during periods ?

Hi I switched birth control s a month ago, yasmin to alesse. A month ago I started to spot a week before my period. I got my period but it was very light. Now this month I have spotted again at the same time as of last month however i am now two days late of getting my period. As well the spotting started off as heavy and would stop for a day than continue and would lighten out. I have sex with out condoms and I have taaken a pregnecy test but It was negative. Is this all because of the switch of BC or could I be pregnant
Asked On : Fri, 7 Jan 2011