Can a superficial blood clot cause dizziness ?

Could the Superficial Blood clot be the cause of my dizzy feeling and blood pressure reading of106/66 69. I m 28 year old female and I feel dizzy and I have to take deep breaths to get a good enough amount of oxygen in. my blood pressure is 106/66 69. I have a Superficialblood clot in my hand(1 inch after my right wrist) for almost a month is this cause for concern. I am taken Asperin and rubbing the area with Dolobene Gel as per the doctor . I noticed that after rubbing with the jell the clot gets hard but with out the jell the clot is smaller in size. The clot was caused after having an IV placed for bad bout of Gastro on March 3rd 2011.
Asked On : Mon, 28 Mar 2011
Hi Shatelle

Welcome to HealthcareMagic.

Its unlikely that the superficial clot has something to do with your dizziness.Your dizziness could be due to inadequate hydration and low BP.Please take plenty of fluids along with juices , lemonade to maintain adequate hydration and salts in your body.

A clot due to IV line would rarely remain for a month.So i advise you to get your bleeding parameters tested .Please visit your Doctor for these steps and reevaluation.