Can a sore on the mouth of my womb be the reason for bleeding during intercourse ?

Hey, I m 24, I went for a papsmear recently because I experienced bleeding while and after I have had intercourse, and found out that I have a sore on the mouth of my womb , what could have caused this. Awaiting your response
Asked On : Mon, 14 Mar 2011
Welcome to Healthcare Magic Forum
Sore on the cervix can be due to many causes. Infectitious like from bacteria , virus (most commnly Human Pappiloma Virus), or non -infectitios due to trauma, irritation from tampons, surgical instruments, etc.
All of the above can cause bleeding after and while intercourse
If its due to an infection , its has to be elicited what organism has cause it , and then treated accordingly. Some of which are sexually transmitted (HPV, HSV), some are not.
Again , the lesion is benign or malignant , that has to be confirmed , and treated.