Can a pregnancy test give a false positive ? Was the abortion through cytotec successful ?

My girlfriend s last menstrual period was april 6 and she tested positive from pregnancy test.We decided that she will take cytotec and she did, on May 20.She took 6 tablets orally and 2 tablets inserted on her vagina.The medicines were taken @ 1.5 hours interval and She bled very lightly.She wasn t even able to fill a sanitary napkin with blood. But She told me blood clot came out about an inch size.She bled for 3 days.very light bleeding .After 3 days it stopped but he abdominal cramps remain.after another 3 days, she got brown discharge that went on for about a week. Now, we are worried if she had successful abortion .she tried pregnancy test yesterday and the result was positive,and also she still gets nauseated every now and then.and the brown discharge is now gone. Is it a successful abortion? or is there still life in her womb? Thank you for your help
Asked On : Fri, 3 Jun 2011