Can a hair line fracture change the height measurement? Can this fracture heal itself an have a deformity? Can this deformity result into a slight increase in height?

I ll just ask my questions all at once (no follow-ups needed) 1. This question might sound a bit funny, but if I get a hairline fracture at the bottom surface of my calcaneus, can this change the shape and/or length of the area and thereby affect my overall height measurement? (I ve already talked to some doctors and they all said it could never make the measurement to come out higher but perhaps a tiny bit lower) 2. Let s say I had a hairline fracture but could not tell whether it was a hairline fracture or a soft tissue inuury. And let s say I just walked okay with some pain and felt okay after a few days or weeks. In this case, could it have healed by itself with deformity as well as decrease or increase your height? 3. Even though your calcaneus hairline fracture (whether bottom side or top) heals wrongly or with deformity, your overall height can never become taller right? Perhaps a tiny bit shorter right? So overall, any bone injury in any of the foot area CANNOT make a person s height appear taller but maybe a tiny bit shorter or just the same as before right? Thanks for answering these strange questions. I even feel embarrassed to ask such questions but I really need good answers for these. Thank you.
Asked On : Tue, 7 Feb 2012