Can a fetus be underdeveloped after 5-6 months of pregnancy ?

My sister in law gone throw a ultra sound she is 5 month preg the dr is saying that the baby is under developed he is not having one hand and the size of the head is also only 4 cm my question is how is it possible that after 5 6 months the baby is under developed My sister in law gone throw a ultra sound she is 5 month preg the dr is saying that the baby is under developed he is not having one hand and the size of the head is also only 4 cm my question is how is it possible that after 5 6 months the baby is under developed?
Asked On : Fri, 25 Mar 2011