Can a diabetic patient have a safe pregnancy ?

I m 27 years old, female, unmarried. I m having diabetics for past 2 years. what is the chance for pregnancy , if i m married?
Asked On : Sat, 19 Feb 2011
Diabetologist 's  Response
Your pregnancy chance is 100 percent. Dont worry. If you controll your your sugar with insulin just before conceiving and during pregnancy you can give birth to a normal helthy baby. So go ahead with marriage and consult a good physician or diabetologist for diabetes controll.It is the right time to controll your sugar tightly.
General Surgeon Dr. Swapnendu Sekhar Ghosh's  Response
welcome to HealthcareMagic
diabetes is not the reason that prevents pregnancy
you can be pregnant if you are other wise normal .
diabetes should always be under control before conception and throughout pregnancy
you can lead normal life if you keep diabetes always under control by diet ,exercises medicines and regular check up