Can a brown spot on the finger nail be due to melanoma ?

Hi doctor, yesterday i found little black line on my thumbnail, i am afraid is that Melanoma under my thumbnail or just a spot. It will be pleased of you to look at my pictures below. Paste that link in adress bar
Asked On : Tue, 31 Jan 2012
Hi. That could be only a temporary problem. It could be some nail infection that you have? Check out for infection. Maybe a lack of some vitamin, a deficiency of iron or something like that? Well this might just be some injury that you haven't even noticed. If it does not hurt it will probably just go away in short time. Wish you Good Health.