Can a Testicular cyst cause an infection ?

i have a testicular cyst on my right testical and i felt it pop. is this a concern or is this normal. also can this cause an infection
Asked On : Fri, 25 Mar 2011
welcome to HealthcareMagic
It is important to find the type of cyst but since it has popped and you have not mentioned any pain it may be a simple cyst and may settle on its own.If it had been a infected cyst then you may have had pain but still see for a few days and if you feel pain or discomfort then please consult a doctor for examination and treatment and if needed get a scrotal ultrasound done.