Can a 19 year old have heart disease ?

An in shape, muscular built kid or is that too young?
Asked On : Fri, 18 Dec 2009
Yes but is not as common as say the 50+ age bracket. I had problems with palpitations of the heart when I was 18/19 years old. I had to have ECG's, and consultations with the doctor/cardiologist. I even went to hospital on one occasion because I had got myself into a panic! So yes, you can have disease or problems of your heart at any age. But it is more common in the older patient due to lifestyle issues such as wrong diet and lack of excercise, such as coronary heart disease etc So don't go worrying! If your an in shape muscular built 19 year old, then your doing great! Hope this helps?
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query,
Now no age bar for heart problem,off course percentage is much less,naturally.
But what we say that any chest pain or discomfort should not take lightly even if you are young,body builder,healthy.
Some times they take lightly thinking that it might due to gas or acidity.
Ok and bye.