Can You die from having Diabetes ?

I was just Jw cuz i m confused. People are saying you can but then people are saying you can t!!!SO HELP!!!! cause my BFF died a year ago from it but we have no idea why cause she kept it under control. I mean i m pretty sure she did! and i miss her so much and i said this thing on youtube on the latest JB living the dream ep and this person was like haha you can t die from it you idiot!!! so JW! and yes i know Nick Jonas has it under control he is like a role model to me so are his brothers!!
Asked On : Fri, 18 Dec 2009
  Anonymous's Response

Depending on the type of diabetes you have, either your body doesn’t make insulin, doesn’t make enough insulin, or doesn’t use insulin in the right way. Both the forms are equally bad and need good care and proper regular treatment. If not then both willlead to complications which might turn into life threatening problems at times. Usually people die due to compliacations resulting from uncontrolled sugars, not diabetes itself..