Can T2 hyperintense focus of frontal lobe affect verbal comprehension, behavioral, fine motor skill problems?

12 year old boy with showed on MRI a single small T2 hyperintense focus within the white matter of the right frontal lobe . Has significant behavioral problems, with Verbal Comprehension Score 57 (percentile rank: 0.2 – qualitative range: extremely low) - Perceptual Reasoning Score 61 (percentile rank: 0.5 – qualitative range: extremely low). He also has poor executive function skills and problems with fine motor skills. Could this single small T2 hyperintense focus within the white matter of the right frontal lobe affect his verbal comprehension, mood and perceptional reasoning.
Asked On : Sat, 19 Jan 2013