Can PSA levels be high for a normal prostate? Having slightly enlarged prostate. Organ very high, difficult to reach. No symptoms. Long history of renal calculi. Could that be the reason?

Hello Doctor Can PSA levels be high for a normal prostate? I am 61. My last 3 digitals reveal a soft, normal feeling only slightly enlarged prostate . The only abnormality is that the organ is very high up and difficult to reach. My Psa has been up and down like a rollercoaster, In the last 3 years anywhere from 3.7 to 6.5. I balked at a biopsy last year after reading an article by the PSA test inventor. I do not have any symptoms of pain and have no difficulty urinating. I do have a long history of Renal Calculi. Could that be a factor? Thank You Wulf
Asked On : Tue, 12 Jun 2012