Can Oral sub-mucous fibrosis be recovered by surgery ?

I have suffering from Oral sub-mucous fibrosis(LOCK JAW). can surgery is option to recover it ?
Asked On : Sun, 29 May 2011
Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 's  Response
hi.oral submucous fibrosis can be treated by surgical excision of fibrotic bands, but the habit should be discontinued first.after excision of fibrotic bands reconstruction should be done by buccal fat pad or by nasolabial flaps.go to oral surgeon for ur problem.wish u good health
Dentist Dr. Benley George's  Response
The treatment modalities available are Intralesional steroid injections, surgical removal of the fibrous bands, TMJ exercises and antioxidants. Consult an oral and maxillo-facial surgeon in your locality for your treatment.
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
As you have sub mucous fibrosis,I do not think any surgery is there.
Some times local injection of cortizone is given but its efficacy is doubtful.
But for gradual improvement of sub mucous fibrosis is there,do following things.
1,remove the cause like gutkha chewing,tobacoo chewing etc.
2,use gargles of feel fresh,or listerine liquid.
3,Do daily exercise of widely opening of your mouth and closing,10 mnt in the morning and in the evening.
Ok and bye.