Can I wear a contact lens as I have lost 80% of my vision ?

i m 27 yrs old lady , my weight is 65 kg. i lost 80% vision of one eye after road accident.many doctors advised me wear contact lens . is it right
Asked On : Wed, 24 Aug 2011
Treatment/Therapy
i m 27 yrs old lady , my weight is 65 kg. i lost 80% vision of one eye after road accident.many doctors advised me wear contact lens. is it right
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query,
If accident occur before long time then it is possible that you may developed traumatic cataract and due to this you might have diminishing vision.
If there is no injury inside or on cornea there may be complete cure.
if cataract is there consult ophthalmologist and get it removed.
Ok and bye.
HI
you have not specified that any surgery like cataract extraction or corneal tear surgery was done.YOU have been advised for contact lens for cosmetic or visual purpose is not clear.
better consult any good ophthalmologist and do as his advice.
by