Can I wash face using dettol soap ?

i started using dettol soap to wash my face 2 weeks ago , but a friend of mine told me that the soap harm the face skin is that right ? .
Asked On : Wed, 4 May 2011
yes its correct..............................
Medicated soaps wash away the normal comensal organisms of your face so that the pathologic organisms grow more. Try to avoid medicated soaps.
Dermatologist Dr. Bharat Chawda's  Response
Welcome To HealthcareMagic forum,

Mike ,selection of soap depends upon your skin type.There are three basic types of skin : oily ,dry or a combination skin type.
In the market you would get soaps accordingly .You can even get face wash according to your skin type.
Personally speaking I would not recommend any body dettol soap for face.It would be more harsh for face .For hands and body it is fine.
If you are not sure about your skin type then consult a dermatologist who can help you .