Can I use nicotine patches while taking citalopram 40mg ?

Can I use nicotine patches while taking citalopram 40mg
Asked On : Mon, 1 Aug 2011
hi welcome to HCM.ya you can use together.some sleep disturbance wil be there with nicotine patches so avoid applying it in the night times ok
General & Family Physician Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware's  Response
welcome to HealthcareMagic
Since you are on Citalopram you may not experience the withdrawal symptoms much.As far as using nicotine patch is concerned you can use it because if you are smoking then you are already combining nicotine with citalopram.I would suggest you to stop smoking without using nicotine patch because please understand it is like going from one addiction to another so it is not beneficial.Stopping smoking is difficult but if you WILL then you can.
All the best.