Can I take wysolone to avoid fibrosis in pleural disease ?

can we use Wysolone drug to avoid fibrosis in pelural desease i haveRight plerural effusion - tubercular. can we use Wysolone drug to avid fibrosis?
Asked On : Thu, 3 Mar 2011
welcome to healthcare magic
Anti tubercular medicine can over come pleural effusion effectively.wysolone may help to some extent ,but sometimes disease flares up due to over use of steroid .Disclaimer
General & Family Physician Dr. Tina Jacob Das's  Response
welcome to healthcare magic.Pleural effusion is usual sequele of tuberculosis.Antitubercular medicines are sufficient to handle them,but of course steroids accelerate the resolution of its symptoms