Can I take medicines to prevent diabetes as I am in pre diabetic state ?

I am a 49 Yrs old female, a mother of 3 kids all born by c-section. Few yrs back i was diagnosed with breast cancer & had a mastectomy followed by chemo & am now taking tamoxifen 20mg which will continue for the next 3 yrs. Along with thyronorm 25 mcg for hyperthyroidism . My BP was found high 140/110 last year & is now well controlled at 120/80 by Amlodipine 5 mg, Telma 80 mg & Atorvastatin 10 mg. Recently i found my blood sugar a bit high, fasting is 103. As this is a Pre-diabetic stage, i started on a low calorie - low carb diet alongwith yoga & exercise, Should some medication be taken for high blood sugar so as to prevent it getting to the diabetic stage. If so, can Metformin be taken without any drug interactions with the above medicines i am already taking. Thanks.
Asked On : Mon, 21 Mar 2011