Can I take augmentin for UTI? Is it to be kept refrigerated?

I was prescribed with augmentin duo forte ( syrup which the pharmacist prepared). I am not allergic to amoxicillin . I am not sure if I am allergic to penicillin . Can I take augmentin? I had been taking keflex for UTI a week ago. however, it didn t cure it. I took keflex 500mg for 5 days. The 5th day and the 6th day, I had headache and the 6th day I passed loose stools thrice. Then it was fine. Could this be due to keflex? Today the doctor prescribed me this augmentin. The pharmacist asked me to keep the augmentin refrigerated. But, Kept it inside the fridge only after 2.30 hours. Is it still okay to take it?
Asked On : Mon, 7 May 2012