Can I take any other pill instead of Cerazette for chin acne ?

Hello there, I have recently visited my doctors suffering with chin acne and asked about contraceptives that also help clear up skin having heard about the Yasmin pill and being very interested in going on it. My doctor then gave me Cerazette which I had not heard of before claiming it was more helpful for clearing up skin then Yasmin and I later researched it when I got home. I am not happy to have been put on a POP pill, and wouuld have much rather been pllaced on a combined pill, as I feel very concious and anxiouus about pregnancy if I do not get a bleed which Cerazette often stops and has often been linked with making ance worse, and mood swings which I do not want. Can I ask my doctor tto change the type of pill I am on? Or will he insit on the type of ppill he thinks is best? I really feel as if I have been forced to take this pill....not happy.
Asked On : Sat, 28 May 2011
Cerazette is progesteron only contraseptive.There is no indication of its use in Acne. The combined contraseptive pill that is indicated in treatment of Acnie is co-cyprindiol(cyproterone 2mgm, ethinylestradiol 35microgram) or Dianette.If you used combined contraseptive pill before with out any problem you can try dianette.POP got side effect like irregular period or some times total absence of period. So if you want to go to combind contraseptive pill see your doctor.
hi dear,
Clear all your doubts to your doctor. decuse all your querys to him, so doctor will definatly think on it or he will clear all the things to you.