Can I take Meftal spas twice a day for pain during periods ?

Hi, Can I take MEFTAL SPAS again today as I am having periods and suffering from too much pain? I took the first tablet at around 9:30 am in the morning. Thanks
Asked On : Thu, 22 Mar 2012
Dietitian & Nutritionist 's  Response
Hi u can safely take meftal spas after an interval of 4hours. But plz see some gyn for your problem and get your usg done to rule out the cause of spasmodic pain during your period. Dont just take med without doctor advice. Bye and take care.
General & Family Physician Dr. Shreya Kunder's  Response
did your first dose of meftal spas help relieve the pain. If yes then there is no harm in taking another dose after 6 hours. try also to take a hot water bag to soothe the lower abdominal area.
only if you think that your period pain is worse than normal and if the tablet is not relieving it then i think you need to go see a gynecologist to find if there is any other reason for the pain.
take care