Can I take Iterax for itchiness during pregnancy?

hi im 20 years old, and i was taking taking iterax 10mg when i have my itchiness and i was taking it while i m 1month pregnant but that time i didn t know that i am pregnant, is it safe to take the iterax during 1-2 months of pregnancy? if not, what medicine should i take for my itchiness while i am pregnant? I m hoping for your swift response.
Asked On : Fri, 8 Mar 2013
Hi and thanks for your query,
Iterax is a drug used mainly for allergies as well as itches. However, during pregnancy, drugs need to be taken with much caution including Iterax.
Determining the exact cause of the itches is worth while so we know exactly for what the drug is taken. This is critically important for there might exist simpler drugs with less side effects.
I suggest you visit your gynecologist for a proper clinical evaluation and prescription of an appropriate drug. Iterax should generally be avoided during pregnancy especially during the first three months. I suggest you meet your gynecologist.
Thanks and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.