Can I play after 3 months of operation of Ingunial hernia ?

i have been operated from ingunial hernia 3 months ago can i play cricket and can i run?
Asked On : Fri, 8 Jul 2011
Three months is enough time to recover from Hernia Surgery. It is not necessary for it to have been a meshplasty if your surgeon did not feel that a meshplasty was required. Of course you can play cricket now, if you could play cricket prior to your hernia surgery. The routine precautions of not getting hit by the cricket ball will of course apply.
Good Luck.
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
If you were taking proper rest and no exertion after the surgery then you should be fine now. If there is any pain then do not attempt to play. Otherwise you are fit and fine. Continue advise what your Doctor has given. GOOD LUCK !!!!
General Surgeon Dr. Rajinder Bajoria's  Response
After six month of inguinal hernia strength of muscle & skin is 85 -90 % only if you have hernioplasty with mesh repair. So do light exercise only & not tough 7 hard ,as it will increase the chances of recurrence.
‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries, “Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery”