Can I plan for a second child as I am having mild hypertension ?

Greetings of peace, I am a 23 year old married woman with a three year old child,I am diagnosed having mild hypertension during delivery of my baby and I underwent cesarean delivery last 2008.Since being pregnant caused me to gain so much weight I still had hypertension after 3 months of giving birth so I am given a maintenance drug prescription (Metropolol 50 mg) which I am taking half of the tablet in the morning and half at night. Thank God after a year until now my blood pressure went back in good status because I was able to change my diet to a healthier one and I lose weight for the past two years, along with my regular medications. I just want to ask if it is fine for me to plan having a second baby? Will there be problems regarding my health status if I gt pregnant? If ever I maintain my blood pressure in good status,will it be possible that I can stop taking my maintenance medicine? Thank you very much for your advice and God bless us all.
Asked On : Fri, 1 Apr 2011