Can I join a gym to reduce my weight gained during pregnancy ?

i am over weight after my pregnancy and c-sec,please help me to reduce i am 28yrs,5.4 in height i was 68 kgs before my pregnancy i gained about 16kgs during that and after my c sec i lost few kgs only bt from last 2months i gained weight again and now it is around 80kgs.i want to reduce my weight. i have a 6months baby who is on my breastfeed exclusively and so i feel hungry soon whenever i started giving him some extra meal he gets stomach infection.Due to my overweight i am suffering from feet pain and not able to walk properly.please suggest how can i reduce my weight without having my baby deprived of anything. can i join a gym with what precautions or some ayurvedic medicine.please suggest me some proper diet chart too.
Asked On : Wed, 23 Mar 2011