Can I have sex when I am having UTI ?

hi doctors, am 27yr old married female recently diagnosed with uti.i got a prescription that lasted for 3days,for 2days i felt pain at the end of each am okay though am stil waitin for my culture test.the challenge i have now is can i still have sex with my husband.thanks doctors.
Asked On : Thu, 10 Feb 2011
Nephrologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query

It is ok to have sex but make sure that after copulation to empty your bladder. Also keep the private parts free, while cleaning your anus clean away from the vagina. I suggest u wait for a week until u are symotim free
Have a healthy living