Can I have black stool from eating beets?

can i have black stool from eating beets?
Asked On : Fri, 15 Jul 2011
yeah you can get black colored stool after eating eating beets,iron tablets and due to upper GI blood..
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
Hi,thanks for query.Normally beet imparts red color stool,but it is possible that something that is eaten with it may change color and lead to black stool.To have idea that beat is the cause,pl.avoid it for couple of days and then see the color of stool.If it is still black you need to go for stool examination to rule our presence of blood in it.
wishing you good health.