Can I give Ragi to my son suffering from cold cough and fever?

my son is suffering from cold cough and fever is it good to give him ragi at this time?

Asked On : Wed, 28 Jul 2010
Dietitian & Nutritionist 's  Response
Hi Maria,
Ragi can be give during cough,cold and fever..there are certain food fads and fallacies in our society but as a medical practioner we don't avoid any food stuff during cough.prevent your child from cold and consult pediatrician.
Wish u a good health.

how many years old you are kid is?if is less than 1 year please consult doctor soon.Your son can get cold from you too while breastfeed so you too take treatment for cold and cough.
Anesthesiologist Dr. Shivakumar. M. C.'s  Response
Hi Maria,
Ragi malt or soup can be given to child if he is more than 6 months of age, give it in small quantity in frequent interval, and consult pediatrician for management of cold and fever