Can I give Enterogermina to my child suffering from loose motions ?

My 3 yrs old son is suffering from loose motion. Motion color is little dark side. Someone advised me to give ENTEROGERMINA. Would this be good to this medicine / syrup to him ? Please advise.
Asked On : Sun, 18 Mar 2012
Gastroenterologist, Surgical 's  Response

Thanks for posting your query
Entrogermina helps restoring normal intestinal flora
It would help your child if he is not having infective diarrhea

If after 48 hours of treatment there is no response or if you find your son is dehydrated consult your doctor immediately

Hope this helps
If there are no further doubts, do accept my reply and rate it
Get Well Soon
General & Family Physician Dr. Pradeep G Naik's  Response
Dear surenderkkhatri, welcome to hcm.
Enterogermina definitely is helpful to ur son. it is available in small vials which can be given to him orally. along with that, please give him plenty of fluids orally, fresh fruit juices, soups, etc. avoid spicy, oily foods.. curdrice or idly with curds and sugar would be best. added with ORS will help in replenishing the loss of electroltyes from the body as a result of loose motion.
thank you:-)

2 users find this helpful