Can I exercise while suffering from Mono? Have only sore throat and swollen lymph node

I just found out I have mono, can I exercise? I m a 24 year old female. My main symptom was a sore throat--that s the only reason I went to the doctor because I thought it was strep . In total, the only symptoms I ve had include a really sore throat, and swollen lymph nodes. I have NOT had a fever, headache, body aches, fatigue , or nausea . The doctor told me I did NOT have a swollen spleen or liver . I ve been really exercising and trying to get into shape. I ve started running. I m doing a fitness bootcamp in the morning 3 days a week--mainly circuit training--lots of cardio and some strength (8 lb dumb bells at the most). And I ve been going to spinning and some cardio step or kickboxing classes. I LOVE GOING!!!! Everyone is telling me I should not exercise at all and get some rest. I feel absolutely fine though. I got some steroids for my throat, which was what was bothering me the most. It s completely fine now and I don t feel ANY different than normal. I ve actually been up longer than normal today and am fine! Not tired at all. The doctor told me to avoid contact sports, which is obvious and we don t do anything in my classes that involve contact of any type that would endanger my spleen or liver. I also read that the older you are, the weaker the symptoms. The doctor said that some people aren t affected at all by symptoms and don t even know that they have mono. I really want to continue my classes since I love going to them, have nothing else to do (I teach and it s summer vacation) and I already paid for them! I think that since I feel fine and take it one day at a time and listen to my body, then I should be fine. If I become fatigued, I will stop. Do you think it s fine to exercise as long as I feel fine and monitor it daily?
Asked On : Thu, 28 Jun 2012