Can I eat uncooked rice during pregnancy ?

Can I eat uncooked rise inpragnancy
Asked On : Thu, 18 Aug 2011
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
It is better to avoid uncooked rice as it can stimulate bowels and result in diarrhoea and malabsorption which can mean disturbance to the pregnancy and loss of vital nutrients to the baby. You should eat plenty of fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables and eat only cooked rice. Follow your Doctor's orders. Go for regular Antenatal checkups as recommended by your Doctor.
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
hi,thanks for query.Uncooked rice is very difficult to digest and can lead to some indigestion and discomfort to you.It is not going affect the baby but can put you in trouble,even other wise digestion becomes an issue at times in pregnancy and this will add to the problem.Please avoid if you can.
wishing you good health.
Internal Medicine Specialist Dr. Fatima Clinic's  Response
Uncooked rice may cause health related problem.
It may have pesticides.Three is one study that says that uncooked rice may contain certain forms of bacteria.This rice may cause infection in intestinal tract and may cause diarrhea and indigestion etc.
Wishing you good health